Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sunset stroll

Late this afternoon I decided to take a walk with my camera because it looked like we might have a decent sunset. There were a few nice panoramas, such as this one looking to the south of the compound. It makes a good picture, but it was a lot more spectacular in person.

Last night I went with Scott Bauman to a Bible study for some of the young men here. The topic was money, and Biblical stewardship of our finances. It was very interesting to discuss that with guys who had grown up here in PNG. Almost all of them had been to America at some point during furloughs, but the materialism and wealth of the United States was foreign to them. There wasn't the usual "Sunday school answer" of "I'll give money to missions," because these are the missionaries. Their families use their money to be missionaries, not to write checks to support someone else somewhere overseas. Like I said, it was interesting, and it was neat to look at it from a different perspective - it was more real.


I had to include this picture for my good friend Adam Aljets. He wasn't sure how pineapples grow, and when I found this during my walk tonight, I had to take a picture of it. Sorry Adam, they grow above ground. And no, I did not find one laying around and stick it in a bush to fake the picture. This is real. :-)

I also found the post I was trying to upload from Australia, and I put it up tonight. It shows up chronologically from when I started writing it, so you can scroll down to Sunday to find it.

P.S. You may have realized this already, but you can click on the pictures that I put in my blog, and they'll show up in a larger version. Some of the landscape pictures are better that way.

P.P.S. A certain individual asked whether the timestamps on my blog were my time or your time. They had previously been your time, but now they are all on PNG time. It's for that reason you may be reading this before 8PM Thursday and wondering where I found a time machine.

No comments: